Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fun Alaska Style

A lot of people ask me how I can stand living through our Alaska winters. I tell them if you can get a couple winter outdoor hobbies it is easy. I love to cross-country ski and last year we adopted a Siberian Husky into our family. That makes it even more fun. My wife's twin sister is a recreational dog musher and we enjoy outings with her and her dogs. On this excursion, we had 2 dog sleds, a pair of skis, 4 Siberians and a black lab.
Click on any photo for larger view.










This was my first time skijoring with two dogs. I borrowed Totem to help Donner pull...what fun.I included a one minute video from my point and shoot camera. You will see why I don't carry my 5D outside of my backpack at the end.



Fun Alaska Style from Mike Criss on Vimeo.

No comments: