Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Photoshop CS5 HDR

I am trying out the new version of Photoshop CS5. I love the new content aware feature. I do a lot of HDR and tonemapping work so I wanted to compare it with my tool of choice Photomatix.
The first photo is tonemapped in Photomatix using one of my presets. The second photo is done in Photoshop CS5 and its new HDR tool. Both were cleaned up with content aware (hair on sensor) and I used Nik's Color Efex Pro as well.
I think Adobe is finally getting serious about HDR and will give Photomatix a run for its money. I like both photos, but as you can see the Photomatix one is much more saturated and the cloud details are better.
This is my first attempt at Photoshop CS5 HDR tool. More to come I am sure.



Alaska Photography

Alaska Photography

No comments: