Thursday, March 19, 2009

Brno Balens review

I received an email from Amazon asking me to review the white balance lens cap I purchased a few weeks ago. It was the 77mm Brno balens http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KVXTTW/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_img

Brno balens
Brno balens

I have to say I love it! I used to carry a grey card around with me. If I remembered it, I would have someone hold it just right so I could customize my camera white balance. Now I put this on like a lens cap, snap a photo and use that to customize my white balance.

I was having dinner with my family in Seattle when I snapped this photo of my niece.

Before
Before
After
After

I have been happy with the purchase and thought I would share my experience.

http://www.akphotograph.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alaska48/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought one of these for my husband a while back and he thinks it's great, but he hasn't been able to remove the dome that came with it to try the other dome. The directions say to turn the locking ring counter-clockwise, but it doesn't seem to turn. Have you had this problem? Do you have any tips or tricks to overcome it? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I used a quarter as a screwdriver to twist it open to replace the domes.
Holding the Balens horizontal, and "inside" up, try using a quarter held vertical, with an edge of the quarter in each of the two little depressions that are across from each other, then twist the quarter. Hope that is understandable. This is the only way I found!